The track is situated approximately10km to the south west of the City of Mount Gambier in the South East of South Australia. Mount Gambier is approximately 441km from Adelaide and about 425km from Melbourne. Travelling west along the main street of Mount Gambier (Commercial Street) you will come to a roundabout at White Avenue at which you turn left and then follow this road straight out of town, past the West Gambier Football grounds on your right and then the City Cemetery on your left. 10km from the city limits on the Carpenters Rocks road,you turn right onto McNamara Park Rd. and the circuit is situated about 1.5km down on the right hand side. If you are travelling on the Princess Highway you need to turn south at the Sutton Avenue roundabout, which takes you straight onto White Avenue from where you can continue on as above. A good map is available on our “Location” page and more detailed information about Mount Gambier is available at www.mountgambier.sa.gov.au/ .
Facilities at the track for visitors include toilets, showers (with hot water), a clubroom and campground. Full catering is available on race days. The clubroom has an interesting display of photos, lists of the winners of the prestigious Master of Mac Park and past office bearers. All campers must sign in with the Caretaker before setting up camp. He/she can be found at the rear of the clubroom. While the campground is basic there is plenty of shade, toilets, running water and hot showers. Fire bans apply in season, please ask before lighting fires. Camping guidelines are as follows:-
In the interest of safety and the comfort of others we ask that campers comply with the following guidelines;
- The Mount Gambier Motor Cycle Club Inc. assumes no liability for personal loss, injury, death, property damage or other related harm suffered by competitors, spectators and/or others.
- This Bushland type camping area does not have lighting or established footpaths and we, as campers, acknowledge and accept these conditions.
- Loud music, foul language and general unruliness will not be tolerated.
- Quiet hours are from 10:30 pm to 7:00 am in the camping areas.
- All generators must be shut down between 10:30 pm and 7:00 am.
- No animals allowed, guide dogs excepted, No fireworks, No drugs and No underage drinking allowed anywhere on the property. The laws relating to these matters are applicable here, as they are in any public place.
- Please dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided or take it with you. Do not leave it lying around to attract flies and vermin.
- Please check with the caretaker before lighting fires. Use only established fireplaces instead of creating new ones. Do not leave any fire unattended at any time, day or night. Fire danger season is from 22nd November to 30th April.